We are currently accepting applications for the position of:
Golf Shop Retail Assistant at Berryhill Driving Range in Peterhead.
The role is part time; 15 – 20 hours per week including daytime, evening and weekend work in shifts to be advised in advance.
Dunes Golf are taking over the lease of the premises on 1st October 2017 and this is your opportunity to join a growing company and work for an ambitious, diverse and future focused team. Plans are in place to expand the facility to include a large cafe, golf superstore, indoor golf studio and further improvements to the existing driving range throughout 2018 and beyond.
Set within the existing Golf Shop at Berryhill Driving Range, the Retail Assistant needs to be a high energy, sales focused individual who deals with all customer enquiries, in a courteous and professional manner.
The role also demands an individual that is able to drive revenue and to ensure that all opportunities are maximised to sell golf products, whilst providing excellent customer service.
Scope of the Role:
Ideally you will have experience in a golf retail role either as part of a Golf club or a standalone sports business that has a focus on golf retail. However, full training will be provided so whist this is desirable it is not essential.
Both exceptional customer service and communication skills are essential for this role, and the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate their ability to deliver this. The ideal candidate will possess a hunger to produce a high quality of work in a retail environment that celebrates individual and team success.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
• To assist with the daily operation of the shop floor under the direction of the Retail Manager.
• To ensure excellent customer service, meeting and greeting the customers at all times.
• To maximise revenue by approaching and selling to customers.
• Maintaining exceptional merchandising standards throughout the shop.
• Awareness of products throughout the shop at all times.
• Ensure shop floor stock is available/stocked at all times.
• General housekeeping/cleanliness of the shop.
• Ensuring the health and safety of yourself and others at work.
• Following correct till procedures.
• Following the correct procedures for customer orders, customer returns and faulty goods.
• To ensure loss prevention and stock control procedures are followed.
• Assisting with stock-take.
• Supporting the back office team.
• Reporting to work with the correct uniform standard.
• Any other ad hoc duty requested by your line manager.
• To ensure all customers receive the necessary knowledge to purchase any item within the shop.
• Necessary timekeeping to start and finish work at required times.
• Carry out other duties that may be necessary from time to time.
Experience in a Golf Shop environment within a club or standalone sports shop environment preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
Knowledge of golf and enthusiasm for the game is essential.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive Salary & Commission Package with possible option to move in to a full time role as the business expands in 2018.
- Free driving range balls for own use at Berryhill and our sister facility at Dunes Golf Centre in Fraserburgh.
- Personal use golf equipment at trade price (after completing 3 month probationary period)
- Opportunity to further education, join the PGA and complete PGA qualification if desired.
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.