Dunes Golf Centre Privacy Notice
Effective from 24th May 2018
Who we are…
Types of data we collect
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
– Dunes Golf Centre, or on behalf of Dunes Golf Centre, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
– third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
– third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Dunes Golf Centre.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For Dunes Golf Centre to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable Dunes Golf Centre to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable Dunes Golf Centre meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you may be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
When someone visits www.dunesgolfcentre.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Free Wifi at Dunes Golf Centre
When you use Dunes Golf Wi-Fi we may collect data about:
- a) your device;
- b) the volume of data which you use;
- c) the websites and applications which you access; and
- d) your usage by access time, frequency and location.
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletters and for services such as golf lessons, custom fit appointments and café bookings, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use two third-party providers to help us make this as efficient as possible; Acuity Scheduling and MailChimp to deliver our newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice and Acuity Scheduling privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer Peter Myers on firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchases and appointment data
When you purchase a ticket (or tickets), merchandise, membership, afternoon tea, golf lessons or gift voucher(s) through Dunes Golf Centre or online your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our booking system, Acuity. You may, of course, purchase a ticket (or tickets) in person without supplying the aforementioned personal data. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent
We may share anonymised personal information with other organisations, particularly The Golf Unions and the PGA, who use this to analyse our golf participation programmes, to understand the impact of our recruitment activities.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Peter Myers at email@example.com
Changes to this privacy notice